SGD150 nett per person
(inclusive of registration, study materials, tuition fees, samples for tasting and one sitting of examination)
Upcoming Course Dates
RIOJA WINE EDUCATION (BASIC)
1 DAY (In-Person)
This course is intended for people who have little or no prior knowledge of wines from the region, Rioja in Spain. It is designed to provide the necessary understanding toward Rioja wines. This course will assist those employed in the hospitality and/or Food & Beverage industry to display a sound knowledge in Rioja wines when providing wine service. Those employed in the wholesale and/or distribution of Rioja wines will benefit greatly as well.
The candidate will
• know and understand the authorized grape varieties and diversity of Rioja wines.
• understand how the ageing and classification works and what it means for Rioja
• understand the quality of Rioja wines and their uniqueness, under the control of the
Consejo Regulador DOCa Rioja.
The history, location, soils and climate of Rioja.
• The authorized grape varieties of Rioja, vinification style and its ageing process.
• The classification of Rioja wines according to their age and origin, and quality
• Wine tourism and its resources in Rioja
Who Should Attend
• Professionals, Service, Executive staffs from the F&B and wines & spirits industries
• Professionals, Service, Executive staffs from retail industry offering wines & spirits
• Professionals or Individuals with keen interest in wines
• Individuals seeking a career in the F&B, wines & spirits and retail industries
2hours, 45 minutes examination, same day
30 multiple-choice questions
Candidate must achieve a minimum of 70% in the multiple-choice question paper in 45 minutes. Same day examination.
An e-certificate in PDF format, from Consejor Regulador DOCa Rioja will be awarded upon successful completion of the course.