SGD1050 nett per person
What you get and what is included:
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines - Study Pack (Workbook + Textbook)
- Samples for tasting during curriculum
- One sitting of examination (subsequent re-sits chargeable)
WSET Course specifications: LINK HERE
Upcoming Course Dates
About this course:
For individuals seeking a core understanding of wines, this qualification explores the major grape varieties and important wine regions in which they are grown.
You’ll learn about the styles of wines produced from these grapes as well as key classifications and labeling terminology.
The candidate will:
- be able to interpret the labels of the major wines of the world
- be able to give basic guidance on appropriate selection and service of wines
- understand the principles of wine tasting and evaluation
- taste a minimum of 35 samples
- How wine is made
- What factors influence wine style
- The key white and black grape varieties and their characteristics
- The important wine-producing regions of the world in which these grapes are grown
- The production of sparkling, sweet, and fortified wines
- Label terminology
- Food and wine pairing principles
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
- Closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions.
- Candidate must achieve a minimum 55% in the multiple-choice question paper in 60 minutes.
You must be of legal drinking age to participate in any alcohol tasting.
However, this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification.