SGD500 nett per person
What you get and what is included:
- WSET Level 1 Award in Sake - Study Pack (Workbook + Textbook)
- Samples for tasting during curriculum
- One sitting of examination (subsequent re-sits chargeable)
WSET Course specifications: LINK HERE
Upcoming Course Dates
About this course:
You’ll explore the main styles and types of sake through sight, smell and taste to develop an understanding of the key factors affecting flavours and aromas. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
The candidate will able to:
- List and state the purpose of the main ingredients and the main production
steps used to make sake.
- Name the principal categories and grades of sake as well as some
speciality styles of sake and state their key characteristics
- Know and recognise the processes and principles involved in the storage
and service of sake.
- Taste a minimum of 7 samples.
- The basic principles of sake production
- The main types and styles of sake
- How to serve sake
- Factors affecting the flavour of sake
- How to describe sake using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Sake® (SAT)
- Closed-book exam of 30 multiple-choice questions.
- Candidate must achieve a minimum 70% in the multiple-choice question paper in 45 minutes.
You must be of legal drinking age to participate in any alcohol tasting.
However, this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification.