SGD480 nett per person
(inclusive of registration, study materials, tuition fees, samples for tasting and one sitting of examination)
*SSG funding available for Corporate-sponsored or Self-sponsored Singaporeans & PR
**SkillsFuture credit funding available for this course (check your credit with this link over here)
Please note that for payments where SkillsFuture credit claims are insufficient, students will have to top up the balance.
Upcoming Course Dates
WSET® LEVEL 1 AWARD IN SPIRITS
1 DAY (IN-PERSON)
For individuals new to the subject, this qualification offers a hands-on introduction to the world of spirits.
You’ll explore the main styles and types of spirits through sight, smell, and taste to develop an understanding of the key factors affecting flavours and aromas. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
The candidate will able to:
- List and state the purpose of the main production processes and stills commonly used in the production of spirits.
- Name the principal categories and types of spirit and state their defining characteristics.
- Know and recognise the common equipment and principles involved in the storage and service of spirits.
- The basic principles of spirit production
- The main types and styles of spirits
- How to serve spirits
- Factors affecting the flavour of spirits
- How to describe spirits using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT)
7 hours (1 day)
- Closed-book exam of 30 multiple-choice questions.
- Candidate must achieve a minimum 70% in the multiple-choice question paper in 45 minutes.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
You must be of legal drinking age to participate in any alcohol tasting.
However, this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification.
Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.