SGD480 nett per person
(inclusive of registration, study materials, tuition fees, samples for tasting and one sitting of examination)
*Eligible candidates may claim NTUC UTAP .
*SSG funding available for Corporate-sponsored or Self-sponsored Singaporeans & PR
**SkillsFuture credit funding available for this course (check your credit with this link over here)
Please note that for payments where SkillsFuture credit claims are insufficient, students will have to top up the balance.
Upcoming Course Dates
WSET® LEVEL 1 AWARD IN WINE
1 DAY (IN-PERSON)
For individuals new to wine study, this qualification provides a hands-on introduction to the world of wine.
You’ll explore the main types and styles of wine through sight, smell, and taste,
while also gaining the basic skills to describe wines accurately, and make food and wine pairings.
The candidate will:
- be equipped with basic product knowledge and skills in the service of wines required
- be able to handle basic customer enquiries related to wines
- understand the basic concept of food & wine matching
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to store and serve wine
- The principles of food and wine pairing
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
7 hours (1 day)
- Closed-book exam of 30 multiple-choice questions.
- Candidate must achieve a minimum 70% in the multiple-choice question paper in 45 minutes.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
You must be of legal drinking age to participate in any alcohol tasting.
However, this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification.
Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.