SGD1050 nett per person
(inclusive of registration, study materials, tuition fees, samples for tasting and one sitting of examination)
*Eligible candidates may claim NTUC UTAP .
*SSG funding available for Corporate-sponsored or Self-sponsored Singaporeans & PR
**SkillsFuture credit funding available for this course (check your credit with this link over here)
Please note that for payments where SkillsFuture credit claims are insufficient, students will have to top up the balance.
Upcoming Course Dates
WSET® LEVEL 2 AWARD IN WINES
4 DAY (In-Person)
For individuals seeking a core understanding of wines, this qualification explores the major grape varieties and important wine regions in which they are grown.
You’ll learn about the styles of wines produced from these grapes as well as key classifications and labeling terminology.
The candidate will:
- be able to interpret the labels of the major wines of the world
- be able to give basic guidance on appropriate selection and service of wines
- understand the principles of wine tasting and evaluation
- How wine is made
- What factors influence wine style
- The key white and black grape varieties and their characteristics
- The important wine-producing regions of the world in which these grapes are grown
- The production of sparkling, sweet, and fortified wines
- Label terminology
- Food and wine pairing principles
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
16 hours (4 days), examination on schedule
- Closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions.
- Candidate must achieve a minimum 55% in the multiple-choice question paper in 60 minutes.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
You must be of legal drinking age to participate in any alcohol tasting.
However, this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification.
Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin.