SGD1500 nett per person
(inclusive of registration, study materials, tuition fees and one sitting of examination in-person)
Upcoming Course Dates
Certified Sake Sommelier
2 Day (In-Person)
This course is an advanced-level qualification in Sake offered by the Sake Sommelier Academy. It is ideal for candidates currently employed in the F&B / hospitality industry. It gives the candidate the essential knowledge and skills to advise and provide appropriate Sake service.
The candidate will:
- understand the history, ingredients and production methods for Sake
- be able to understand and interpret Sake labels
- be able to provide appropriate Sake service
- The history of sake
- Sake production
- Sake terminology and classifications
- Sake tasting by category
- Maturity, temperature and aromatic profiles
- Understanding sake labels
- Sake tasting by type
- How to introduce sake to customers
- Professional issues including purchasing, storage and sake vessels
- Umami and its relationship to Sake
17 hours (2 days; 3rd day examination on schedule)
- Section 1: 40 multiple-choice questions
- Section 2: Short answers
- Section 3: Practical blind tasting test
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
You must be of legal drinking age to participate in any alcohol tasting.
However, this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification.
On successful completion of the course, you’ll be presented with an official SSA certificate and lapel pin, qualifying you as a certified Sake Sommelier.