SGD1500 nett per person
(inclusive of registration, study materials, tuition fees and one sitting of examination in-person)
*Eligible candidates may claim NTUC UTAP .
**SkillsFuture credit funding available for this course (check your credit with this link over here)
Please note that for payments where SkillsFuture credit claims are insufficient, students will have to top up the balance.
Upcoming Course Dates
Certified Sake Sommelier
2 Day (In-Person)
This course is an advanced-level qualification in Sake offered by the Sake Sommelier Academy. It is ideal for candidates currently employed in the F&B / hospitality industry. It gives the candidate the essential knowledge and skills to advise and provide appropriate Sake service.
The candidate will:
- understand the history, ingredients and production methods for Sake
- be able to understand and interpret Sake labels
- be able to provide appropriate Sake service
- The history of sake
- Sake production
- Sake terminology and classifications
- Sake tasting by category
- Maturity, temperature and aromatic profiles
- Understanding sake labels
- Sake tasting by type
- How to introduce sake to customers
- Professional issues including purchasing, storage and sake vessels
- Umami and its relationship to Sake
17 hours (2 days; 3rd day examination on schedule)
- Section 1: 40 multiple-choice questions
- Section 2: Short answers
- Section 3: Practical blind tasting test
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
You must be of legal drinking age to participate in any alcohol tasting.
However, this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification.
On successful completion of the course, you’ll be presented with an official SSA certificate and lapel pin, qualifying you as a certified Sake Sommelier.